Zirconia has been a very popular choice of material for dental restorations for some time. However, KATANA™ zirconia offers you the opportunity to provide your patients with a solution that is superior in many ways.
What are the benefits of full contour KATANA™ zirconia?
The benefits offered by KATANA™ zirconia in dental restorations are predominantly aesthetic, although the solution is also extremely durable and long-lasting provided that your patient takes adequate care of their teeth. Some of the advantages of KATANA™ zirconia restorations include:
- Translucency that is the closest possible to natural enamel. Translucency is gradually decreased from the incisal to the cervical region to increase the masking level in the cervical region. This allows light to penetrate in the same way that it would a natural tooth and ensures that the restoration blends seamlessly with the rest of your patient’s smile, meaning their dental work is as discreet as it is successful.
- Multi-layered zirconia. There are four separate layers to our KATANA™ zirconia including a 35% dentin layer, two transition layers of 15% each and a 35% enamel layer. This facilitates graduation it the color of the restoration which again helps it to look akin to your natural teeth.
- Full contour KATANA™ zirconia contains absolutely no porcelain.
- Full contour KATANA™ can be used for a variety of types of restoration including veneers, onlays/inlays, anterior crowns, posterior crowns, 3-unit bridges and long-span bridges.
- No compromise on strength. KATANA™ zirconia restorations have strength up to 1200mpa (depending on the specific product you choose) making them extremely durable and longer-lasting than porcelain varieties.
- Although available pre-shaded, there are a further range of different glazes available, making it possible for you to match your patient’s KATANA™ restoration easily to their existing teeth. This improves the overall outcome for your patient.
- Easy to mill using CAD/CAM technology and can be sintered in just 90 minutes. This enables patients to benefit from same-day solutions – a huge time-saving benefit to them.
If you are considering offering full contoured KATANA™ zirconia restorations to your patients and would like more information, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our knowledgeable team at The Dental Laboratory Group by calling our office in Staten Island, NY at 718-477-6270 today.